Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting Older

Whoo...my birthday's comin' up next month, and boy, am I excited or what? The answer is 'what'. 17. Big effin' deal.
By the way, don't ask why I've abandoned my blog for 2 whole months. It, like every other part of my life I have to explain, is a long, long story. Let's just say it involves exams, Mangalore, Christmas, more exams, practical exams, and making e-cards for a very good friend's birthday. It probably goes without saying, but Pre-University College life sucks balls.
Or an even better excuse: I was on Sabbatical. lol, that reminds me,
Joey: Ross lost his job.
Ross: Hey! I'm on Sabbatical.
Joey: Don't bring religion into this!
Yes, I still watch Friends. So sue me.
Anywho, let's go back to the topic, so you can listen to me grumble and rant about my birthday.
What's so damn great about being 17 anyway?
I mean, you're not legally old enough to drive, you have exams throughout the year with no shortage of people round you telling you to 'study, study, study!!'. I mean, jeez dude, gimme a break already! Just a year ago, I had my ICSE boards. (If I remember right, I wrote about it in my first post.) Back then I was told (by evil people with nefarious purposes, no doubt) that if I didn't get above 90% in ICSE, I would be a homeless, stinky beggar/hobo. Oh, and that I wouldn't get a seat in a 'good' College, but if I did get good marks, I would never have to study hard again. Well, I got 86% and ended up in a 'good' college, with the nerdiest combination possible (PCMC) with people who had, like, 60%. Now, they tell me, to get above 95% (Notice the extra 5%?) to get into another 'good' college. When does this ever end?? Am I doomed to be writing exams for the rest of my youth?
Whoa, I'm veering off-topic.
Aside from the not-old-enough-to-do anything-legit is being emo. I'm an emo kid as it is, and 17's like the peak of teenage emo-ness...Trust the same people who don't like teenagers to make us feel more emo than ever.
Now, If only I was 18...

Yes, I know this post makes no sense and sticks to the topic about as much as a quadriplegic otter sticks to your ceiling. So sue me.

On a side-note:
This is a picture of Salman Khan that appeared in the Bangalore Mirror.


This is a very very bad edit of the same picture showing what Salman would look like if he had pigtails and wore ladies' clothing.


I couldn't help it! He looked so girly....What kind of fag wears earrings on both ears anyway? People, keep in mind, this guy is how most Indians would define as macho.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Soumik Ghosh said...

I'm 17 and I seriously know what you are talking about....
My parents used to pressurize me for studying all the time, but that has changed a bit after I secured 96% in the ICSEs.(It's not a big deal, really)But still, I hear such comments all the time - "These years are the most vital of your life. Study as hard as you can". So when's the respite from this drudgery? I dunno...

And Dominic, I love reading your blog.

Dominic said...

thanks dude..apreciation is appreciated!