Sunday, February 11, 2007

What the hell's the point of writing the boards?

Considering the fact that I'm an 16-year-old and I'm in 10th standard,my 1st blog entry is gonna be about the ICSE boards.
Considering the fact that there's less than a month to go for the boards,they're all i ever think about these days..boards,boards,boards..Even if I dont think about it,there are plenty of people around me, only too willing to remind me..boards,boards,boards..
Wake up at 5:30,study,study,study,eat breakfast,study,study,study,eat lunch,study,study,study,eat dinner,study,study,study,sleep for about 5 hours,get up at 5:30 again...
That should give you a pretty good idea of my life these days..
When I get sick of mugging,I begin to ponder over the syllabus,and realize most of it is pretty shitty..Why the hell would I wanna know the religious reasons for the Sepoy Mutiny of 1957?Or if Water reacts with Copper Sulphate or not? Or the Jet Stream Theory for Monsoon Rainfall?
Imagine that,10 years from now,I'm a rock star..(IMAGINE!! AND STOP LAUGHING YOUR HEAD OFF!!)..Would i be sitting in the dressing room wondering.."Dude..!!..What are the objectives of the Muslim League..?.." or "Who were the conspirators who killed Julius Caesar..?"....?? Honestly..its all a load of crap..well, at least most of it is..
Wouldn't it be better if it was more um..flexible?
like, Eng I, basic Math and basic Science compulsory, and stuff like Comp, Eng II, 2nd lang, Commerce and Trignometry optional?
If you are a close personal friend of anyone in the ICSE Council, or, even better, if you saved one of the councillor's lives when he/she was a young child, please, please, tell him or her about the agony of the students, the oppression of the children, the desperation of the pupils, and other dramatic stuff like that you can think of.

edit : Yeaah! The dreaded boards are over, I don't have to look at a question paper for at least 4 months, I'm writing this in April while simultaenously listening to music,watching TV, playing The Simpsons:Road Rage, ignoring my mom telling me to do something productive (I AM doing something productive! I'm trying to unlockthe Springfield Dam area!), and I don't give a f*** how screwed up the boards are gonna be in the future, which means you don't have to read that shit I've written above. If you've already read it, try to forget about it.

No comments: